21 Aug 2014
55° Foggy
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by patch

Resident OK, But Getting Help From Red Cross After Cooking Fire

A Peabody resident will need another place to stay after a cooking fire on Saturday evening.

Resident OK, But Getting Help From Red Cross After Cooking Fire

The American Red Cross is helping a Peabody resident find somewhere else to stay on Saturday night after a kitchen fire at his townhouse.

Peabody Fire Department Capt. John Hosman said the fire was reported at 7:44 p.m. at 42 Avalon Dr., at the Avalon Essex apartments off Prospect Street, near the Northshore Mall.

The resident was cooking when the fire broke out, Hosman said, and the fire was contained to the kitchen, including the stove and nearby cabinets. Two engines, a ladder truck and a deputy chief responded.

“It ended up being a small kitchen fire,” Hosman said.

Just one townhouse unit was affected by water and smoke damage.  The resident was checked out by Atlantic ambulance medics and found to be OK, Hosman said.

Share This Article