The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 9-10.
Sunday, Dec. 9
- 2:40 p.m. A caller at a Lowell Street apartment reported several items were missing from her residence. The missing items were pink slippers, laundry detergent, hair spray and 10-12 Zoloft pills. Police said there were no signs of forced entry to the apartment.
- 4:32 p.m. Francis R. Dermody, 45, of 230 North Main St., Randolph, was arrested after store security reported detaining a shoplifter in the parking lot outside Sears. He was charged with shoplifting (third offense), possession of a Class B drug, disorderly conduct and on a warrant out of Dedham District Court.
- 4:57 p.m. Police received a report of a transformer on fire on Newcastle Road. The Fire Department and Peabody Municipal Light Plant responded to the scene.
- 5:13 p.m. A 15-year-old was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery, following a report of an accident at a Scribner Road home. Police said a 19-year-old female reported she was home alone and fell down a flight of stairs. She was then taken to Lahey Clinic by ambulance. Police spoke with the patient and her mother and then said they would file child endangerment charges in addition to the aforementioned assault charge.
- 6:01 p.m. Kelly M. Whitten, 24, of 69 Campbell Ave. #1, Revere, was arrested, following a report of suspicious activity at the CVS on Main Street. Whitten was charged with two counts of possession of a Class B drug. Police said there were other females involved, but they were sent on their way.
- 6:33 p.m. Lawrence J. Ianetta, 45, of 190 Lafayette St. #8, Salem, was arrested for shoplifting and receiving stolen property over $250 at Sears.
- 9:18 p.m. A Peabody man was transported to Mass. General Hospital after an accident between a motorcycle and a Ford Focus at the corner of Washington Street and Allens Lane. The man was operating the bike. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
- 9:22 p.m. A caller reported a car break-in outside Pellana's. Police said the front passenger window was smashed and a GPS device was taken.
Monday, Dec. 10
- 4:50 a.m. A 22-year-old Peabody man who lives on John Road was issued a court summons, following a report of a theft at a neighbor's home. He was charged with larceny under $250, malicious destruction of property over $250 and criminal harassment.
- 7:55 a.m. Staff at Higgins Middle School reported vandals broke two windows overnight.
- 9:19 a.m. A Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital after he was struck by a motor vehicle at the corner of Main and Washington streets.
- 1:08 p.m. A woman arrested the previous evening for drug possession was transported from Peabody District Court to Lahey Clinic after she overdosed on Ambien.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.