The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 6-7.
Thursday, June 6
- 2:23 p.m. A caller on Tumelty Road reported his dog was attacked by another dog in the neighborhood and his dog was bleeding as a result of the fight. The Animal Control Officer was notified.
- 4:43 p.m. A caller reported there was a tire on the sidewalk on Lowell Street. DPS was notified.
- 9 p.m. A caller on Littles Lane reported people were yelling and throwing bottles. Police checked the area and said there was only a barbecue going on nearby.
- 9:52 p.m. Brian J. O'Rourke, 40, of 5 Basford Ct., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant, following a report of a disturbance at a Berry Place residence.
- 10 p.m. Staff at SpringHill Suites requested police assistance while they evicted a person from a guest room.
- 10:59 p.m. Michael D. Reed, 30, of 24 Hilldale Ave., Middleton, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with driving with a suspended license, a warrant out of Woburn District Court, possession of a Class A drug and making an illegal U-turn.
Friday, June 7
- 12:14 a.m. A caller reported three males were urinating in the street on Elm Street. Police were unable to find anyone.
- 1:01 a.m. An officer reported a mattress was left in the crosswalk near the Peabody Housing Authority on Central Street.
- 11:51 a.m. Report of an assault at Higgins Middle School.
- 12:32 p.m. A caller reported some neighbors to King Cemetery on Lowell Street were dumping grass debris over the wall onto the cemetery grounds. Police spoke with the neighbors and advised them they would be cited criminally if they continued to dump there.
- 1:50 p.m. A caller on Livingston Drive reported receiving harassing and threatening phone calls from a stranger on the home phone. The caller said the man was allegedly from California and called for four days straight, usually in the middle of the night and he spoke with different family members while asking for a female at the home. The family said he called multiple times early that morning because they hung up on him and he then swore into the phone and threatened to come by with a weapon. They said he also apparently knew their address. Police advised them to contact their phone service provider to perform a trace on the call.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.