Peabody TV has a 45-second video about the traffic changes.
Here is a reminder of information that Higgins parents need to know:
General Traffic Pattern:
- One-way traffic around the school from North (gym) to South (mall area)
- Two-way traffic for buses and staff only at Perkins Street/Allens Lane entrance.
- Two-way traffic for buses and staff only on a section of the roadway adjacent to the PVMHS Vocational School
- All traffic will enter at King St.
- Traffic will be restricted on some neighborhood streets (watch for signage)
- AM student drop off (prior to 8:15) will take place in the mall area FOR ALL STUDENTS.
- Students arriving after 8:15 will continue to report to the main office entrance.
- All traffic will exit at Perkins Street/Allens Lane.
- Parking will be available in lots B, C, and E.
The road around the building from the gym to the mall area will be available for "live parking" during dismissal
- All traffic will enter at King Street EXCEPT those parking in lot E. Those staff members may enter at Perkins Street/Allens Lane.
- Parking will be assigned by lot. Placards will identify HMS staff members.
- Buses will enter at either King Street or Perkins Street/Allens Lane.
- Drop off in the morning FOR ALL GRADES will take place in the designated bus zone in the mall area.
- At dismissal, ALL BUS STUDENTS will report to the designate bus zone to meet their buses.
- All buses will exit at Perkings Street/Allens Lane.
- All traffic will enter at King Street.
- Limited parking will be available in lots B & C.
- Overflow parking will be available in lot E.
All visitors MUST report to the main office door for entry.