The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from May 3-4.
Thursday, May 3
- 2:08 p.m. Tiffany R. McCallum, 20, of 15 Bennett St., Beverly, was arrested for shoplifting at .
- 2:12 p.m. Alberto Bamaca, 31, of 29 Fayette St. #3, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Arnold Road. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to stop or yield and a brakes violation.
- 2:55 p.m. David A. Pereira, 31, of 70 Aborn St. #2, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic disturbance. He was charged with domestic assault and battery, intimidating a witness and violating a restraining order.
- 3:24 p.m. Verizon workers on strike were protesting outside the Verizon Wireless store on Route 114. Police said the protesters were handing out flyers and not causing any problems.
- 3:28 p.m. A caller on Swampscott Avenue reported several people were in the area with a pitbull and were using the dog to chase people. Police said they were gone before officers arrived.
- 4:37 p.m. A male employee at the on Route 1 North was transported to Beverly Hospital after he was hit in the head by a drill.
- 5:07 p.m. Richard Mottola, 24, of 1 Anne Dr., Peabody, was arrested on a courtesy booking for Woburn police. .
- 5:25 p.m. A caller reported more than $3,000 worth of jewelry was stolen from her mother's room at after her mother died.
- 5:37 p.m. One driver was transported to Salem Hospital with injuries after a motor vehicle accident on Howley Street.
- 5:58 p.m. Employees at the Gap reported a shoplifter took off with more than $1,300 worth of khaki shorts.
- 6:15 p.m. Bryant R. Wahn, 32, of 17 Silverleaf Way #18/24, Peabody, was arrested on two outstanding warrants, following a report of a man causing a disturbance inside a stairwell at and refusing to leave. The warrant changes included multiple motor vehicle violations, drug violations, OUI and carrying a dangerous weapon.
- 8:24 p.m. Jason D. Vadnais, 38, of 57B County St., Peabody, was arrested at his home for aggravated domestic assault and battery.
- 9:47 p.m. A 17-year-old Danvers resident was issued a summons for driving to endanger, following a car accident at the corner of Lincoln and Newcastle roads. Police received numerous calls that the car had hit a house.
- 11:45 p.m. A caller at a Salem Street apartment reported her son called her, saying he was beaten up and did not know where he was. Police determined the cell phone signal came from Lynn and notified Lynn police. The man then headed toward Lynnfield and police there were notified as well. The woman called back and said her son arrived at home. He did not get beaten up; he was intoxicated.
Friday, May 4
- 12:40 a.m. A caller reported two people dressed in dark clothing, one of them with a backpack, were taking parts off cars on Hardy Street. Police checked the area but did not find anyone.
- 1:41 a.m. Mark Spellman, 35, of 22 Jordan Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a hit-and-run car accident on Nichols Road. A caller reported a black 2008 Lexus was hit in a driveway and sustained damage to its rear end. The suspect vehicle, a black 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan owned by Spellman, was found parked in his driveway. He was charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
- 4:23 a.m. Police reported there was a heavily damaged motor vehicle parked out in the lot at . Police said the vehicle had struck a guardrail. The car was towed from the lot.
- 8:16 a.m. State police relayed a call for medical aid for a man in a Honda Pilot near the . Police said the man was complaining of chest pain. He was taken by ambulance to Lynn Union Hospital and his car was secured in the parking lot.
- 1:41 p.m. An On Star employee reported a stolen Cadillac Escalade was parked in a driveway on Fairview Road. Police located the car and notified Salem police, who confirmed it was stolen from their city. The car was then towed by Mallia's. No one was home at the residence.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.