1. The Patriots face the Ravens in the AFC Championship game today.
2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
3. The Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Mon. Jan. 21 at Plymouth South High School. The theme of the event is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the "I have a dream speech" given in Washington DC by Rev. King in 1963. The featured speaker is Cary Barnes, a former Plymothian and an actor in New York City, who performs that speech as well as others by MLK. The event is sponsored by the Plymouth Area Clergy Council, the Plymouth Public Schools and the Plymouth No Place For Hate Committee. Tickets are $8 available from churches and the NPFH committee and at the door.
4. The 11th annual Jordan’s Polar Plunge to benefit the Jordan Hospital Club Cancer Center will be held Saturday, March 2, at Plymouth Beach. Registration starts at 10:30 a.m., followed by the safety briefing at 11:45, the Plunge at noon and awards and refreshments at the Plymouth Yacht Club at 12:30 p.m. To register online, go to jordanspolarplunge.com.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.