1. The Plymouth Public Library Corporation will host its 16th annual Winterfest Book Sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, in the Otto Fehlow meeting room of the Plymouth Public Library, at 132 South St. Take advantage of preview hours from 8 to 10 a.m. for a $10 admission charge; just go to the side door. General admission to the sale is free. The sale begins when the library’s main doors open at 10 a.m. Hardcover and paperback books will be available, as well as DVDs and music CDs.
All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Public Library Corporation, a nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to support the library. Donations will be accepted till Jan. 23. If you have any questions, call 508-830-4250 (TTY 508-747-5882) or visit plymouthpubliclibrary.org. The library is fully accessible and plenty of parking is available.
2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
3. Mathew Muratore, Chair of the Plymouth Board of Selectmen, kicks of his re-election campaign at 7 p.m. Thursday at Ernie's Restaurant. Join the free event and have some pizza.
4. All are welcome to a large meat raffle at 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, at the John Alden Sportsman’s Club, located at 16 Minuteman Lane. Call 508-224-3384 for details.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.