Welcome to 5 Things You Need to Know Today, your place for useful facts. We'll provide this early morning digest each weekday to keep Salemites and Salem Patch users in-the-know.
- Did you know Salem is now the oldest active city hall in the country? During last night's discussion on , we learned the former muncipal building that was in the top spot for age and function is no longer active.
- Councilor-at-Large Joan Lovely, who is running for another term in City Council after 14 years serving, has set up a Facebook page for her reelection campaign. You can find it here.
- The Council voted to combine a July and August meeting into one. Be sure to head over to City Hall on July 14 to catch up on the summer goings on in the City.
- There was a councilor-in-training at City Council who we've seen at the meetings before. Be sure to tune in later today for a video of Max Mcauliffe commenting on a City issue to councilors.
- The Council unanimously agreed to support Salem's "diverse fabric" in Councilor Paul Prevey's resolution to recognize June as Gay Pride month in the City.
To find out what else is happening today in Salem, check out our events calendar.