Today is Monday, Dec. 10, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect rain, and a high near 59. Tonight should be rainy, with a low around 42. (sunrise, 7:02 a.m.; high tide, 7:41 a.m.; low tide, 2:05 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. Salem detectives are investigating whether the man who robbed GameZone at knife-point Saturday night is the same man who held up Georgia's Pizza last week. Click Here for our full story. Saturday's hold-up was the city's fourth armed robbery in a month.
3. Looking for something fun to do in Salem tonight? It will be open mic night at In a Pig's Eye on Derby Street. Open mic is slated to begin at 9 p.m., Click Here for all the details.
4. An article we posted Sunday morning titled City Councilors Still Upset with Salem Oil & Grease generated quite the discussion among our readers. If you didn't get a chance to check it out Click Here and share your opinion.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 10, 1868, the first traffic lights were installed in London, England. They resembled railway signals, used semaphore arms and were illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.