The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- At 4:58 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Essex Street and Warrant Court involving a Nissan Pathfinder and a Chevy Impala.
- At 5:03 p.m., police responded to a three-vehicle motor vehicle accident at the intersection of North Street and Cressey Avenue involving a Mitsubishi sedan, a Volvo utility vehicle and a Lincoln sedan.
- At 5:04 p.m., member of Salem Police's Special Response Unit arrested a woman they observed driving on Lafayette Street. Courtney Arsenault, 26, of 56 Salem St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 5:23 p.m., police located a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Marblehead on Larchmont Road. The keys were reportedly found inside and there were dents found on the front bumper.
- At 7:48 p.m., police arrested a man know to have an outstanding warrant at the intersection of Derby and Congress streets. Jared Rhodes, 29, of the streets of Salem, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class A substance and for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 8:17 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Beaver Street. A warrant for malicious destruction of property valued above $250 was reportedly issued for a man that police were unable to locate.
- At 8:59 p.m., a police officer working at the intersection of Highland Avenue and Mooney Road noticed a vehicle approaching that was going 53 mph in a 35 mph zone. After a brief pursuit, the operator was arrested. Craig Godbolt, 52, of 18 Landers St., Lynn, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license, sixth offense, and failure to stop for police.
- At 10:48 p.m., a man entered the Salem Police Station to report that he wanted a restraining order against his wife because she hacked into his Facebook account but then changed his mind.
Wednesday, Nov. 14:
- At 1:38 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Loring Avenue and Rainbow Terrace involving a Honda van and a Salem police cruiser. Latoya Olson, 29, of 129 Rainbow Drive, Salem, was reportedly found to be driving without shoes on, smelled of alcohol and failed a series of field sobriety tests. Though she passed a breath test, she was later arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle without a license (permit only) and impeded operation.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.