The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Monday, Nov. 19:
- At 5:26 p.m., police responded to Bryant Street to serve an abuse prevention order. Francis J. Mosher, 22, of 13 Bryant St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 5:43 p.m., a local police officer was flagged down by a young girl who said she had been waiting an-hour-and-a-half for her father to pick her up and his cell phone wasn't working. Police gave the girl a ride home.
- At 5:57 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Canal and Cypress streets. George C. Covan Jr., 35, of 117 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 6:32 p.m., police responded to a report of a fight on Prince Street. A juvenile male was later arrested for domestic assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon.
- At 6:44 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Marlborough Road.
Tuesday, Nov. 20:
- At 7:05 a.m., police received word that a woman had been injured during a fall on Parlee Street. The woman was later taken to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- At 8:32 a.m., Ana Rodriguez, 31, of 46 Peabody St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant. After booking, she was additionally charged with two counts of receiving stolen property valued above $250, two counts of receiving a stolen credit card.
- At 9:48 a.m., a Hanson Street woman called police to report a scamming attempt.
- At 12:47 p.m., police responded to a report of a coyote stuck in the area of Witchcraft Heights Elementary School on Puritan Road. School officials were notified that there was an animal in the area and police were called in to stand by while school was let out. Students were reportedly dismissed without incident.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.