Santa and Pizza at Engine House Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Salem.
Today is Tuesday, Dec. 10, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. There's a chance of snow in Salem today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect snow-showers, mainly between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Other wise it will be cloudy, with a high near 32. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. (sunrise, 7:02 a.m.; low tide, 11:03 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; high tide, 5:22 p.m.)
2. If your kids are looking to see Santa this week, consider stopping by Engine House Pizza tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. The restaurant is inviting patrons to bring their cameras and come eat pizza with the big guy! Can't make it Tuesday? Santa will be back at Engine House on Dec. 17.
3. The Salem Board of Health will meet Tuesday night at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and will feature the presentation of a Communicable Disease Report.
4. The Salem State University Police department and the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity recently hosted a “Stuff-A-Cruiser” toy drive to provide presents for local children who may otherwise go without a gift this holiday season. Click Here to view photos from the event.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 10, 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt won the Nobel Peace Prize. He was the first American to win a Nobel Prize.
For more things going on in Salem today, check out our events calendar.