The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Sept. 24:
- At 6:14 p.m., police responded to a past vehicle break-in on Essex Street.
- At 7:54 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a man intentionally lighting things on fire in a home on Mason Street. Matthew J. Block, 33, of 14 Whitney Drive, Peabody, was arrested on charges of arson and possessing a class C substance.
- At 8:49 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Highland Avenue.
- At 10:42 p.m., police responded to a report of illegal dumping on Federal Street.
- At 11:51 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Rainbow Terrace.
- At 11:51 p.m., police responded to a reported kidnapping on Prince Street. William Townsend Jr., 51, of 100 Flint St., Lynn, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, kidnapping, intimidating a witness and six counts of attempted murder. Click Here for our full story.
Wednesday, Sept. 25:
- At 12:26 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on a young girl who was found wandering in the street near the intersection of Porter Street and Porter Street Court.
- At 8:40 a.m., police responded to a report of homeless people going in and out of yards in search of cans near the intersection of South and Albion streets.
- At 12:02 p.m., police responded to a possible drug deal near the intersection of Bridge and Skerry streets.
- At 12:41 p.m., police responded to Salem State University to assist campus police with searching for a man wanted in connection with a double-stabbing earlier in the day. An arrest warrant was later issued for Timothy Wells, 25, of Woburn. Click Here for our full story.
- At 2:42 p.m., police disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered near the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Willson Street.
- At 2:48 p.m., police responded to an attempted break-in on Cleveland Road. A K9 unit responded to the scene and assisted in the search for a black man in his 20's with dread locks who was wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans.
- At 4:09 p.m., police disposed of two hypodermic needles discovered on Willson Road.
- At 4:54 p.m., police disposed of a hypodermic needle discovered on Francis Road.
- At 5:58 p.m., police were called to assist Peabody police with a shoplifter on Maple Street.
Joao B. Deoliveira, 33, of 13 Tarralli Terrace, Framingham, was arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Salem Patch.