The following is an excerpt from the Salem Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Oct. 15:
- At 4:32 p.m., police responded to a past assault in a court room on Federal Street. An unidentified woman will be issued a summons on a charge of assault and battery on a public employee.
- At 5:06 p.m., police responded to a report of a man going through a dumpster on High Street.
- At 5:40 p.m., a Porter Street man called police to report that he noticed fresh pry marks on his door when he returned home. The man said nothing was missing from his apartment and he just wanted it documented.
- At 5:44 p.m., police conducted a well-being check near the intersection of Derby and Wharf streets.
- At 5:48 p.m., police stopped a motor vehicle near the intersection of Highland Avenue and Swampscott Road. Ronald J. Bulger, 55, of 252 Newbury St., Peabody, was arrested for reportedly having two outstanding warrants.
- At 6:45 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute near the intersection of Canal Street and Loring Avenue. Manolin Roman Jr., 29, of 747R Mass Ave., Boston, was arrested for reportedly having four outstanding warrants.
- At 9:05 p.m., police conducted a well-being check at Klop Alley.
- At 9:36 p.m., police responded to a past domestic assault and battery on Pope Street. Lucie C. Wallace, 24, of 12 Pope St., Salem, was arrested on two counts of assault and battery.
- At 11:19 p.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Jefferson Avenue.
Wednesday, Oct. 16:
- At 12:21 a.m., police located three men in the Charter Street Cemetery. The men were advised not to be in the cemetery after dark.
- At 1:11 a.m., police responded to a disturbance on Essex Street.
- At 1:15 a.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man getting out of an SUV and checking car doors on Summit Avenue. Responding officers reportedly found a man going through a parked car with a flashlight in his hand next to a running SUV. When the driver of the SUV flashed his lights, the man going through the car fled the area. The driver, Edely B. Telfort, 21, 26 Waitt Ave., Lynn, was arrested on five counts of receiving stolen property.
- At 2:38 a.m., a man called police to report that his bicycle was stolen from in front of Dunkin Donuts on Washington Street.
- At 7:16 a.m., police responded to a past hit-and-run motor vehicle accident in Williams Street.
- At 8:13 a.m., police responded to a medical overdose on Butler Street.
- At 9:16 a.m., police made an arrest on Endicott Street. Michael Carreiro, 42, of 39 Endicott St., Salem, was arrested for reportedly having three outstanding warrants.
- At 2:01 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of smoking wires on Butler Street.
- At 3:39 p.m., police responded to a past shoplifting incident on Traders Way.
- At 4:17 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Essex Street. involving a cyclist and a person on a scooter.
- At 4:36 p.m., police responded to a reported fight near the intersection of Lafayette and Harbor streets.