Splaine Park Design Meeting Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your week in Salem.
Today is Monday, Jan. 13, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be a beautiful start to a warm and rainy week in Salem. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Tonight should be increasingly cloudy, with a low around 44. (sunrise, 7:11 a.m.; high tide, 9:08 a.m.; low tide, 3:28 p.m.; sunset, 4:33 p.m.)
2. The city of Salem will hold an informational public meeting tonight to discuss changes to Splaine Memorial Park needed to remediate contaminated materials found onsite. The meeting will begin a 6:30 p.m. at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street.
3. The Salem Licensing Board will meet tonight on the third floor of the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding a recent brawl outside of The Black Lobster. Click Here for our full story.
4. Armed with your responses to a post last week regarding the city's problem potholes, we set out on a Salem Pothole Safari Sunday afternoon and found some doozies.
5. The Salem Historical Commission will meet Wednesday night at the City Hall Annex on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., according to the posted agenda.
For more things going on in Salem this week, check out our events calendar.