A Warm and Foggy Start to a Busy Week in Salem
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your week in Salem.
Today is Monday, Jan. 6, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You can expect something of a weather roller-coaster this week in Salem. Today's warm weather has prompted the National Weather Service to enact a dense fog advisory through 10 a.m. but tomorrow's overnight low is expected to be 7. We're supposed to see a return to the 40s by this weekend.
2. The Salem Board of Health will meet Wednesday night at the City Council Anteroom at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a reorganization of board members, according to the posted agenda.
3. The Salem Inaugural Ceremony will take place this morning at Collins Middle School on Highland Avenue. This will be the third time that Mayor Kim Driscoll takes the oath of office. Click Here for more information.
4. The Salem City Council will meet Thursday night at City Hall on Washington Street. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. and will be the first time the city's new council convenes.
5. Salem Little League Registration will take place this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Jackson Hewitt Office on Canal Street. Click Here for more information.
For more things going on in Salem this week, check out our events calendar.