Sharon Police handled one motor vehicle accident after another as the inches of snow piled up Saturday.
Sharon received about four inches of snow during the storm, Sharon Department of Public Works Assistant Operations Division Supervisor Bruce Giggey said today.
Police responded to the following snow-related calls and reported crashes, according to the Sharon Police log:
- At 7:12 a.m., police notified the Department of Public Works of snow-covered roads.
- At 7:45 a.m., someone reported a motor vehicle struck a pole at South Walpole at South Main streets. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:05 a.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident at Tiot Street at Edge Hill Road. No report was filed.
- At 8:48 a.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident at Walpole at Moose Hill streets.
- At 9:06 a.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident at Glen Hill at Edge Hill roads.
- At 10:16 a.m., someone reported a plow plowed in a resident on Norwood Street.
- At 12:14 p.m., someone reported a motor vehicle struck a pole at Walpole Street at Bluff Head Road.
- At 12:57 p.m., police helped the with an ice rescue at Pond Street at Massapoag Avenue.
- At 12:59 p.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident on Billings Street.
- At 1:51 p.m., someone reported a motor vehicle on Route 1.
- At 3:06 p.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident at Farnham Road at South Main Street.
- At 4:49 p.m., someone on Atlas Road complained about a plow operator.
Here are the other highlights of the Sharon Police log for Jan. 15 to Jan. 21, courtesy of the :
On Sunday, Jan. 15 at 1:24 p.m., Walpole Police reported a motor vehicle accident on Route 1. No report was filed.
At 2:48 p.m., an officer repirted a tree limb on a power line at Ames at Cottage streets. Police notified the utility company.
On Monday, Jan. 16 at 1:55 a.m., someone reported finding a license plate at South Main Street at Norfolk Place.
At 12:29 p.m., police notified the Department of Public Works that the roads were icy.
At 1:02 p.m., police helped a citizen on Huntington Avenue who reported identity theft.
At 1:34 p.m., someone on Juniper Road reported losing a cell phone.
At 10:58 p.m., police notified the Department of Public Works that the roads were slick.
On Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 12:25 a.m., someone on Larason Farm Road reported finding a black lab and taking it in. Police notified the animal control officer.
At 7 p.m., someone reported a hit-and-run motor vehicle accident at the Sharon MBTA commuter rail station. No report was filed.
At 7:23 p.m., someone on Wilshire Drive reported their motor vehicle was egged.
At 9:08 p.m., someone on Francis Road made a noise complaint.
On Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 4:59 a.m., a motorist reported hitting a deer at Moose Hill at Walpole streets.
At 10:14 a.m., police reported arresting an adult at Pond at Tolman streets.
At 4:24 p.m., someone reported a two-car motor vehicle accident with no injuries at Pond at Ames streets.
At 4:26 p.m., someone on Forge Road reported past vandalism to their motor vehicle.
At 11:15 p.m., someone reported broken glass and debris in the street at Eagle Drive at Hawk Lane.
On Thursday, Jan. 19 at 6:16 p.m., someone reported a chimney fire on Sherwood Circle.
At 10:30 p.m., police notified the Department of Public Works that the roads were getting snow covered.
At 11:13 p.m., police assisted a motorist whose vehicle slid off the road at Bay Road at Mallard Drive.
On Friday, Jan. 20 at 5:32 a.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident with property damage on Route 1.
At 8:17 a.m., someone reported hunters at .
At 1:02 p.m., someone reported a motor vehicle accident at Massapoag Avenue at Capen Hll Road.
At 4:21 p.m., police notified the Department of Public Works that Boulder Lane was not plowed.
On Saturday, Jan. 21 at 1:10 a.m., an officer reported trying to remove a live goose from the road at East Foxboro at South Main streets.
At 5:23 p.m., someone reported a loose dog running down Bay Road at Ginger Way.