Get ready for Shrewsbury's Memorial Day events.
Monday, May 26: Memorial Day Parade
The Shrewsbury Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 26, at 9:30 am departing from the Richard D. Carney Municipal Office Building, 100 Maple Ave and making stops at the following locations: Soldier’s Statue in front of Police Station on Maple Ave, War Memorial at the Town Center (Corner of Route 140 and Main Street) and at the Veteran’s Lots at Mountain View Cemetery.
The Memorial Address at the Town Center will be given by Donald E Baima, a retired Captain from the Massachusetts State Police and United States Marine Corps Veteran.
The Memorial Day Parade Committee welcomes all local veterans and active military personnel as well any family members of deployed military personnel to march in the parade. Formation begins at 9 a.m. from the Municipal Office Building. Parking is available near the Senior Center side of Town Hall.
For those who wish to park at the town center there will be a shuttle van running from the Sumner House to the Town Hall beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Parade Participants will include:
- Color Guard from Shrewsbury Police Department
- Color Guard from Shrewsbury Fire Department
- Central Mass Blue Star Mother’s
- Local Town and State Officials
- Active Military Personnel
- Shrewsbury High School Band
- Members of the Charles J. Murphy Post # 10278 Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Members of the Ray Stone Post # 238, American Legion
- Members of the Victor R. Quaranta Post # 397, American Legion
- Veteran’s Inc
- Marine Corp League of Worcester, Detachment # 144
- Members of the Shrewsbury Boy Scouts
- Members of the Shrewsbury Girl Scouts
- Local Clergy
- Shrewsbury Oak Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Band
- Shrewsbury Speech and Debate Team Members
For more information contact Angela Snell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by the town of Shrewsbury.