Here are 5 pieces of information designed to start your Thursday with warm thoughts and to help make you the smartest person battling frostbite this morning.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -11. Northwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -7. West wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday A chance of snow, mainly before 9am. Patchy fog before 1pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "It was a terrific event! The recipient of the award Maureen McGinness was so humble but so deserving ! The musical selections by L.I.F.E. Gospel singers and Riley Moriarity brought tears to your eyes and the kids cheering and dancing were great. Thanks for the invite and the wonderful art exhibit and food that was served ! The Committee did Stoneham proud!! We Shall Overcome never sounded so good!!" Reader Jeanne E. Craigie, commenting on the Blog Post, "MLK Celebration Draws Large Crowd."
3. It's Happening Today: The local chapter of Overeaters Anonymous meets tonight at 6 p.m. at the 136 Elm St.
4. Election Season: It promises to be an amazing election season in Stoneham but you can't ell the candidates without a scorecard. Fortunately, we have one! Check out who has taken out nomination papers for the 2013 Municipal Election.
5. By The Numbers: $34.8 Billion. That's the bottom line of the budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2014 being proposed by Gov. Deval Patrick. The budget features an income tax increase, as well as increases in several fees but also a cut to the state sales tax.