Five things to know today, Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013:
1. Rain likely all day. It's expected to rain all day today and into the night, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures should reach the upper 30s during the day and fall to the mid 30s at night.
2. Water and sewer budgets under review. The Finance Board will hold a subcommittee meeting today at 3:30 p.m. at the DPW headquarters, 16 Pine St., to review the fiscal 2014 budget for the DPW's Sewer and Water Departments.
3. Walking Club this morning. The Walking Club departs from the Stoneham Senior Center at 8:30 a.m. each Wednesday (except holidays), picks up additional walkers at Finnegan Hall, and continues on for a refreshing walk around the area. This is a great way to get some exercise, meet some nice people and get outdoors. Call (781) 438-1157 for information.
4. Stump! Trivia at Grimsby's. Stump! Trivia is a team trivia contest played in bars and restaurants all over the country. Get your team together and head over to J.J. Grimsby's from 8-10 p.m. tonight to test your skill at an assortment of trivia questions, from music to literature, movies to history.
5. Weekly Lake "Q" Fun Run. The Mystic Runners Club takes a run around Lake Quannapowitt every Wednesday night at 6:45 p.m., although the starting time changes in the winter months. Arrive early to get registered—cost is $2. The Fun Run is timed and the results get post on coolrunning.com. The run starts at Lord Wakefield Hotel, 595 North Ave. in Wakefield.