"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Think College Options for People with Intellectual Disabilities
Join the Stoughton Special Education Parent Advisory Council for a special presentation Wednesday evening at 6:30 in the Wales French Room of the Stoughton Public Library.
Think College is a project of the Institute for Community Inclusion at the UMass Boston. ICI has been a leader in the area of postsecondary education for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities for over ten years.
Nancy Hurley from Think College will be the guest speaker.
Parents, students, administrators, all school personnel and community members are encouraged to attend and participate.
For more information .
2. Finance Committee Budget Hearings
The Stoughton Finance Committee will be holding budget hearings on Wednesday for various town departments.
This is a public hearing. The Wednesday, March 7 hearing will be held at 7 p.m. at (Great Hall, third floor).
An agenda is posted in the media gallery.
3. Science Fair Awards and Photography Exhibition
The Science Fair awards public project viewing will be held Wednesday from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m., followed by an awards ceremony.
A Photography Portfolio Exhibition is also scheduled for this evening at Stoughton High, from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
4. Teddybear Storytime at the Library
Come join Peggy Sewcyk Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the for Teddybear Storytime. It's for children ages 3.5 to 6 years old.
5. Senior Center Events
- 9 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - Taxes
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Senior Serenader Choral Practice
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Strength Training
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Roast Turkey
- 12 p.m. - Jessica's Lunch