We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Have your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box or e-mail them to email@example.com.
March 1st-31st…Get Caught Reading! By Self Help Inc.’s Community Partnership for Children and the Stoughton Library. Let us catch you reading! The more unusual place the better! Help our library win the grand prize! Submit your pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it directly to the library.
Wednesday, March 23
* 6 p.m. - 8 p.m...Stoughton Public Library - "International Day"…open for all ages. Embrace and learn about other cultures and sample native cultural dishes.
* 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m…Teddy Bear Story Time, preschool aged children, at the Stoughton Library
Thursday, March 24
* 3 p.m. – 5 p.m…Stoughton Public Library-Design Friendship Bracelets with Michelle Cronin. Ages 11-17. Friendship bracelets are fun and easy to make. Choose your favorite colors, team colors or vibrant colors and create your own patterns. Have fun making friendship bracelets for your best friend or friends (Limit 12). Call 781-344-2711 to sign up.
* 4 p.m. – 10 p.m…Five Guys Restaurant (Cobbs Corner)-Five Guys will donate 10% of the purchases from the hours of 4-10 to Stoughton Youth Baseball. Join them for a great burger to help a worthy organization.
* 7 p.m…Stoughton Public Library - FBI Art Theft Program. As part of the Stoughton Reads Together program, Special Agent Geoff Kelly will present a slide show and lecture on art theft, trends and the Gardner case in general. Wales French Room, no sign up required.
Friday, March 25
* 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m...Grand Opening of PARENT INFORMATION & WELLNESS CENTER at the Jones School.
The Stoughton Public Schools invites you to learn more about the Center, current programs and their vision for the future. Formal remarks and thank yous to the generous donors, sponsors and partners at 10:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served.
* 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m…Showcase Cinema de Lux (Patriot Place, Foxborough,)-FREE Bubble Show, ages 3 to 8. A Bubble Show Music Party is an interactive program that features musical fun, interactivity and BUBBLES for children. Located on the 2nd floor lobby of Showcase Cinema de Lux.
* 6 p.m. – 8 p.m...Stoughton YMCA-Teen Night at the Y. Ages 11-14. Members: $10 per child, Non-members: $20 per child. Teens and tweens will enjoy a basketball tournament, contests, and more. Dinner, from Peppercorns Cafe, is included in the fee. Registration recommended by Wed., March 23rd.
Saturday, March 26
* 10 p.m...Lowes (Brockton)-Build and Grow Clinic. FORTUNE TELLER. Kids can build a wooden project for free and pick up a few woodworking skills.
* 10 p.m – 12 p.m...Michael's (Avon)-FREE Make & Take it Scrapbook Page & Shadow Box Demo. Make the most of your memories with a stylish scrapbook shadow box.
Sunday, March 27
* 1 p.m. – 3 p.m...Michael's (Avon)-FREE Make & Take It Bottle Caps Event. Design your own bottle cap creation.
Monday, March 28
* 5 p.m. – 6 p.m...Stoughton Public Library-Young Adult Book Discussion Group
Tuesday, March 29
* 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m...Stoughton Public Library-Community Partnership for Children's Storytime and activity. Ages 2 ¾ - 6 years. In childrens’ room.
* 11 a.m…FREE Storytime at Patriot Place (Foxborough). Kids Club Storytime is held every Tuesday at Showcase Cinema de lux. Storytime is followed by a special character appearance and a short movie.