The Stoughton School Committee meets Tuesday night, and among this week's agenda items will be a discussion of the recent class-action lawsuit filed against the town by the Stoughton Teachers Association.
Earlier this month, the STA filed a class-action lawsuit against the town of Stoughton and the School Committee for non-payment of wages, claiming that a withholding of step increases is in violation of the state's General Laws.
The lawsuit names the town of Stoughton, the Stoughton School Committee, Stoughton Superintendent Marguerite Rizzi and Town Manager Michael Hartman as defendants.
The full agenda for Tuesday's meeting, which can also be found here, is as follows:
Agenda: Stoughton School Committee
- Stoughton Public Library Teen Summer Reading Video Award
- Stoughton High School Student Representatives – Leslie Camilo and Adam Potter
- Public Comments
- Stoughton High School Lacrosse Program
- Stoughton Teachers Association (STA)
- School Committee Attorneys
- Status of Unfair Labor Practice Complaints
- Status of STA Class Action Suit against the Town of Stoughton
- Unit A Collective Bargaining Update
- FY 14 Budget
- FY 15 Budget
- Decision to Administer PARCC or MCAS for 2015
- Administration’s duty to inform school committee with accurate and complete information
- Superintendent Evaluation - Superintendent’s Self-Assessment
- Other Matters
- Executive Session
- To discuss strategy with respect to litigation on STA et al vs. Town of Stoughton et al.
- Financial Warrants
- Next Regular Meeting – June 24, 2014
Next Special Meeting – June 18, 2014