Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School's Science Olympiad Team competed against 45 other high school teams over the weekend during the State Olympiad, held at Framingham State University.
During the event, there were 25 events involving building and engineering topics that the students have been studying for throughout the year.
Led by faculty advisor B.J. Pegram, who is also a science teacher at Lincoln-Sudbury, the team won several awards during the competition.
Below is a list of the honors taken home by Lincoln-Sudbury students:
- Justin Liu and Greg Derecho were awarded first place medals in Dynamic Planet: Glaciology.
- Ruiyi Gao and Elena Busch were awarded third place medals in Forensics.
- Krystal and Melody Phu were awarded third place medals in Disease Detectives.
- Savanah Snell and Ivy Zhang were awarded fourth place in Anatomy and Physiology.
- Greg Derecho and Nathan Pan-Doh were awarded fifth place in Astronomy.
- Fady Gemayel and Michael Zhang were awarded sixth place in Write It/Do It (tests ability to communicate building instructions to partner).
- Emily Liaing and Ivy Zhang received seventh place in Rocks and Minerals.
- Justin Liu and Nathan Pan-Doh were awarded seventh place in Geologic Mapping.
- Fady Gemayel and Michael Zhang took home eighth place in Bungee Drop (an engineering event).
- Elena Busch and Emily Liang were awarded 10th place in Boomilever (engineering event).
- Lillian Jones and Ivy Zhang were awarded 10th place in Designer Genes.