1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Athletic Field Study Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 7:15 p.m. at Town Hall. Agenda items include a proposal by Josh Field, a presentation by Barry Greenfield, and a discussion of possible private funding opportunities.
2) Newsbit of the Day: On Wednesday the town opened bids for proposals to dredge a Tedesco Golf Course pond used for flood control. The winning bid will be announced within two weeks, the town administrator said.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Sarah Gardiner of Swampscott, MA, a member of the class of 2013 at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn., has received Faculty Honors for the 2012 fall semester.
To earn Faculty Honors, a student must achieve a semester grade point average of at least a 3.667 with no individual letter grade below B-minus.
Founded in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1823, Trinity College ( www.trincoll.edu) is an independent, nonsectarian liberal arts college with over 2,200 students from 45 states and 47 countries. It is home to the eighth-oldest chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in the United States.
4) Weather Watch: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then a slight chance of rain between 10am and noon. Areas of fog before 9am. Temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. Windy, with a south wind 25 to 33 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Boys and Girls track teams will compete in the NECs on the Reggie Lewis Track in Boston at 4:30 p.m.