Employee Charged with Stealing
The following information came from the Swampscott Police Department. Where charges are listed, they do not indicate a conviction.
8 a.m., police received a report from Burrill Street of a woman with a head injury. Fire and ambulance were notified.
8:11 a.m., water was coming out of a residence on Minerva Street. DPW was on the scene. The owner was notified of the situation.
9:04 a.m., a resident reported a small stray dog with a red jacket in the Millett Road and Oak Road area.
9:05 a.m., Danvers police asked that Swampscott pd ask a Bellevue Road resident to call a Danvers officer regarding a minor motor vehicle accident.
12:03 p.m., Nantucket police asked Swampscott police to notify a Swampscott resident about flooding at their Nantucket property.
5:16 p.m., a store manager at PETCO reported an employee was on the scene who admitted to stealing. Police escorted her from the property and she was given a summons for the incident.
6:18 p.m., a caller reported seeing a disgruntled employee ranting about being suspended from Stop and Shop. Police contacted the store manager who said the employee was no longer at the store.
Wednesday, Jan. 8
6:01 a.m., a black dog was reportedly wandering in the Atlantic Avenue area.
7:44 a.m., a Claremont Terrace resident reported being scammed.
8:5 a.m., police ticketed a motor vehicle on Columbia Street.
9:04 a.m., a motor vehicle was reported at Humphrey Street and Salem Street.
11:12 a.m., National Grid requested the Fire Department's presence for a forced entry at a vacant Puritan Road home for a gas leak investigation.
3:08 p.m., a business owner on Essex Street requested that a syringe be removed from the property, capped at the entrance.
3:50 p.m., emergency medical personnel responded to a report of a person experiencing a seizure at an Erie Street residence.
6 p.m., a caller from a Burrill Street address reported a package stolen from the porch.
6:36 p.m., a caller said a person who has a restraining order against her was outside her Paradise Road residence taking photographs.
11:54 a.m., a Burrill Street resident reported there was no heat in the residence.