1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 25. Expect a northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 14. Expect a west wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- New Year's Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Expect a west wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Expect a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. There is a 30 percent chance of snow.
- Thursday will be cloudy, with a high near 19. There is a 60 percent chance of snow.
- Thursday night will be cloudy, with a low around 9. There is a 70 percent chance of snow.
3. New Year's Eve Hours at the Library: The Tewksbury Public Library will be open from 10 a.m. through 3 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
4. Top News in 2013: From the host community agreement with Penn National Gaming in July to the defeat of the proposed slots casino at an August Special Town Meeting, Tewksbury Patch readers followed the proposed slots casino from beginning to end. Check out more of our top stories from 2013 here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, use our map to find out where to get a flu shot in Tewksbury.