1. Walk on sunshine - this weekend, as we should get three straight days of sunny and 65+ degrees, according to the National Weather Service. And don't it feel good? My apologies if that song is now stuck in your head for the rest of the day. It's stuck in mine, so we're even.
2. This weekend in Wakefield sports:
- Boys varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m @ Stoneham
- Girls varsity tennis plays Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. at home
- Boys varsity baseball plays Reading at 3:45 p.m. @ Reading
- Boys varsity lacrosse plays Winchester at 4 p.m. @ Winchester
- Girls varisty softball plays Reading at 6 p.m. at home
- On Sat. the varsity track team competes at the Spring Relays at 9:30 a.m @ Stoneham
3. Laugh for a good cause - Come out to Giggles Comedy Club in Saugus, MA tonight for all-you-can-eat pizza and . The pizza starts at 7, and the show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased through contacting . Leave the kids at home - this show is 18+.
4a. - If it seems crowded when you're walking Lake Quannapowitt on Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon, that's because the crowds will be walking to raise money for Lymphoma research at the annual . Over half a million Americans are currently living with lymphoma, the most common blood cancer in the United States today and the third most common childhood cancer. Funds raised by participants will support the Foundation’s mission of eradicating lymphoma and serving those touched by this disease.
4b. Lemon-Aid If you're out and about on Sunday for the Lymphomathon or otherwise, be sure to stop by the "Lemon-Aid" stand, run by Wakefield kids Summer Milsky and Noah and Luke Greif. All 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the The stand will operate from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. near the Wakefield Common playround.
5. Play ball! - Signups for the 2011 Wakefield American Legion baseball team, will take place on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Walsh Field at . The season will begin in early June with 22-26 games running through the end of July. The league is the premier league for 16-19 year olds. For more information, , or contact Steve Pacheco at 617-438-5603.
Patch bonus: The Patch "Mother of all Sweepstakes" Mother's Day contest ends on May 1st. Enter here for a chance to win a weekend trip to a fancy spa in either LA or New York!