Jul 28, 2014

Unresponsive Driver Report Leads To OUI Arrest

information provided by Wakefield Police. Where arrests are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.

Unresponsive Driver Report Leads To OUI Arrest

Wakefield Police responded to these and other calls for service between Friday, Nov. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 2.

On Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 a.m., a caller reported some items stolen from a vehicle during the night on Myrtle Ave.
At 9:20 a.m., police were informed of a dog bite on Converse Street. Animal Control and the fire department were also notified.
At 11:51 a.m., police took a report of a black Haro bicycle stolen from Juniper Avenue during the week.
At 2:21 p.m., a minor accident was reported on Main Street.
At 3 p.m., a Lowell Street business reported that two individuals had just come in acting suspiciously and left without purchasing anything.
At 4:50 p.m. an accident was reported near Main Street and Bryant Street.
At 8:49 p.m., police issued a summons to a 44 year old Wakefield man for an unregistered vehicle, an uninsured vehicle and having no inspection sticker.
At 8:54 p.m., police took a report of a suspicious car near Nahant Street and Valley Street. The driver turned out to be having car trouble.
At 9:16 p.m., a caller on Andrews Road reported some youths had dumped out her bags of leaves and run away.
At 10:33 p.m., police responded to a verbal altercation on Charles Street. One man was placed into protective custody.

On Saturday, Dec. 1 at 3:04 a.m., a caller reported from near North Ave. and Main Street that a Toyota stopped at the light in front of her appeared to have unresponsive driver.  An officer arrived at the scene and reported that he had to break open the driver’s side window of the vehicle in order to prevent it from continuing through the intersection with the operator still unresponsive. The vehicle was towed and police arrested James J. Phipps, 20, 20 Nahant Street, Wakefieldf for OUI Liquor. They also charged the defendant with a seatbelt violation, possessing an open container of alcohol, being a minor in possession of alcohol, and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
At 4:29 a.m., a caller on Aldrich Road reported his bags of leaves had all been knocked into the street.
At 8:09 a.m., a caller on Chapman Road reported that a car had driven up on the lawn during the night and done about $200 in damage to a Christmas light display.
At 12:53 p.m., police took a report of a stolen iPad.
At 12:58 p.m., a woman walked into the police station to report an altercation had just taken place out in the parking lot with an ex-boyfriend who had allegedly followed her there and then left the area. Soon after, police arrested Steven R. Pinson, 36, 685  Broadway, Malden, for assault and battery.
At 2:23 p.m., a caller reported that somebody was apparently using his last name to sell things online.
At 6:02 p.m., a citizen reported finding some potentially valuable coins in front of Brother’s Deli.
At 7:49 p.m., the fire department was called to put out a small outdoor fire on Murray Street.

On Sunday, Dec. 2 at 4:39 a.m., police responded to a report of a disturbance between female roommates on Pleasant Street. Peace was restored.
At 8:13 a.m., police and fire personnel were on Lake Street for a working house fire.
At 819 a.m., police took a walk in report involving items stolen along with the previously mentioned iPad from Saturday.
At 10:22 a.m., police were called to Vernon Street for a report of a two year old boy there with no adult present. The boy’s grandmother and mother were reportedly on the scene.
At 11:01 a.m., a caller reported his car windows were smashed.
At 4:20 p.m., police took a walk-in report in stolen jewelry.
At 6:32 p.m., police took a report of youths on scooters near Avon Street causing a disturbance.
At 8:39 p.m., fire personnel returned to the house fire scene on Lake Street after a caller reported seeing smoke and flames on the second floor.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!