The newly formed Center for Speech Science and Technology is recruiting a project manager. We are seeking an organized, responsible, passionate, and enthusiastic person with administrative and/or marketing experience to join our team. The Center is focused on understanding speech production and developing cutting edge speech technologies that leverage this knowledge. The Center’s debut project is The Human Voicebank Initiative – an effort to collect a million voice samples from healthy talkers of all ages. This effort is part of our work on developing personalized synthetic voices for those who rely on assistive communication technologies (see www.vocaliD.org). In addition, The Human Voicebank will also help advance basic research in speech production, which will in turn spur new multidisciplinary projects.
As the project manager, you will be responsible for:
· administrative duties such as scheduling participants, organizing meetings, and assisting students and faculty achieve the research mission,
· assisting in marketing and strategic planning for the project
· managing a database of voice donors and recipients
· maintaining the website and interacting with media
· assisting in grant management
Previous administrative and marketing experience is required. Qualified applicants should have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree, speak English fluently, and have technical proficiency with excel, word and project management software. Please forward a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to Rupal Patel at email@example.com