If you have wondered how to run for office in Wellesley may already know the first step is getting nominated--the time for that is nigh.
In order to be on the ballot, you must first get nomination papers, which are now available at the Town Clerk's office. Incumbent Town Meeting Member need to notify Town Clerk's office in writing that they intend to seek re-election.
The town will vote on the ballot on March 5, 2013.
There are a number of boards coming up for elections in the coming year. The following list was pulled from the Town Website:
- Board of Selectmen, Board of Assessors, Board of Health, Natural Resources Commission, School Committee will elect one position for each board. These are three year terms.
- There are two positions available on Library Trustees, and Recreation Commission for three year terms.
- The Planning Board has one five year term and 1 partial term for one year.
- Board of Public Works has one three year term and 1 partial term for one year.
- Housing Authority has one five year term.
- The Moderator will be elected for a one year term.
- 10 Town Meeting members will be elected for each precinct.
For more information, see the Town's website. Contact Town Clerk Kathy Nagle at 781-431-1019 ext 2250 with any questions.