Four are looking for a place to stay after a chimney fire tore through the second story at a Shrewsbury home late Saturday night.
Shrewsbury Police received a call from 38 Wesleyan St. shortly before 11 p.m. reporting that a fire that had reached the attic.
The second floor of the home, which is an inlaw apartment/garage in located in the home's rear, was engulfed in smoke when firefighters arrived.
Westborough and Boylston firefighters assisted at the scene.
"The fireplace is on the first floor," Shrewbury Fire Capt. Seth Cloby said, "but the fire actually started in the flue on the scond floor and extended into the attic."
Four adults live in the home, reportedly family members. No injuries were reported.
Extensive damage makes the home uninhabitable, Colby said.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist with housing for the residents.
Northborough firefighters covered the Shrewsbury fire station during the incident.
The fire is under investigation.