Jul 28, 2014
78°
Mostly Cloudy

Abbot School Student Sent to the Hospital

Principal says student had a possible allergic reaction.

Abbot School Student Sent to the Hospital
An Abbot Elementary School student was sent to the hospital after a possible allergic reaction to something at the school, according to an email sent out by Principal Vito Umbro on May 7. 
Umbro notified the school community that earlier in the afternoon, officials called 911 "due to a student having a possible allergic reaction."
The Westford Fire Department, he noted, "responded quickly" to the scene and in order to make sure the student was completely safe and secure, EMTs transported him to a nearby hospital. 
There's no word yet at post time about the condition of the student. 

Don’t miss updates from Patch!