5:15 p.m. - Westford Package is now reopen, and will be open on Sunday from noon to 8 p.m.
4:50 p.m. - Nab's One Stop will reopen Sunday at 7 a.m., Burton's Grill will reopen on Sunday at 11 a.m.
3:24 p.m. - Westford Toy Shop will reopen on Sunday at 11 a.m.
2:17 p.m. - The British Beer Company will be reopening on Sunday at 11 a.m. If you have an update from your business, share it below in the comments! We'll be looking for more and sharing what we find.
1:02 p.m. - We're hearing the power outage in Nabnasset was between Edwards Avenue and Grove Street, and the power there has been out since approximately 1 a.m. according to estimates.
The statewide travel ban will conclude at 4 p.m., in Western Mass. and the islands it has already concluded.
10:28 a.m. - At Nashoba Valley Ski Area they are reporting 24 inches, and they are open today for anybody who can snowshoe, crosscountry ski or walk over. All of last season they got 19, including 10 during the Halloween storm.
9:44 a.m. - Update on Providence Road. The incident was not a crash, but a man in a Bobcat miniature front end loader who went off the driveway and got stuck.
9:34 a.m. - Fire Department scanner indicates that a man on Providence Road has been involved in a motor vehicle accident in his own driveway. His vehicle is allegedly tipped over and he is trapped inside. We will have more if it becomes available.
9:10 a.m. - National Girl Scout Cookie Day, which was supposed to be on Friday, has been moved to Feb. 15.
8:36 a.m., Saturday - We're hearing on our Facebook page, that there have been some outages near Nab Lake Country Club, but most folks still have power. If you lose power, let us know on our Facebook page or here on the Patch.
10:00 p.m. - Nashoba Valley Ski Area has a live webcam with conditions outside the Outlook restaurant.
4:21 p.m. - The earlier statement on Nashoba Valley Ski Area has been updated due to the travel ban, the ski area is now closed. The ski area is expected to reopen tomorrow morning.
3:03 p.m. - All Westford Academy games and practices are cancelled today.
- Girls' basketball vs. Lincoln-Sudbury will be played on Monday (freshmen at 3:30, junior varsity at 5, varsity at 6:30)
- Girls' basketball vs. Bishop Feehan on Sunday may be postponed.
- Boys' freshmen basketball vs. Lincoln-Sudbury will be at 1 p.m. on Sunday in the auxiliary gym.
- The Dual County League cheerleading championships will be postponed to Feb. 16
- The MIAA North Sectional Wrestling Tournament in Lawrence is postponed to Feb. 16. No practice this weekend.
- The Dual County League Indoor Track Championship at the Reggie Lewis Center is postponed to Sunday at 2 p.m.
- MIAA North Sectional Swim Meets this weekend are cancelled
- The Gymnastics MVC/DCL Championship is postponed to Feb. 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- Boys' varsity ice hockey at Billerica and girl's ice hockey at Boston Latin are both postponed to a date to be determined
- The Westford Academy baseball clinic is cancelled.
2:03 p.m. - We're now hearing Cornerstone Market Basket will be closing at 3 p.m.
1:39 p.m. - Fire Chief Richard Rochon is asking everyone with a fire hydrant near their house, as well as fire cisterns in Parker Village to shovel access to it in case access is needed.
He's also asking folks to remove snow near heating vents to avoid carbon monoxide buildups in homes.
Also, Westford Package is now closing at 3 p.m. due to the Governor's announcement.
1:06 p.m. - Governor Patrick has issued a State of Emergency starting at 4 p.m. All non-emergency vehicles are ordered off the roads. Nab One Stop is closing at 3 p.m., Cornerstone Market Basket is closing at 5 p.m. according to the Westford Police.
12:19 p.m. - PetThingz is closed. Nashoba Valley Ski Area is open.
11:29 a.m. - Eastern Bank will be closing at noon. The governor will be having a press conference at 12:15 at MEMA HQ in Framingham.
Residence Inn on Lan Drive is having a "snow special"
11:07 a.m. - Westford Package's wine tasting has been cancelled. We've also heard of a possible violation of the town's winter parking ban. Remember, all cars must be off the streets, or you could get fines.
8:40 p.m., Governor Patrick has asked all private employees and non-essential personnel to stay home on Friday and be off the roads by noon.
5:30 p.m., Thursday - Cumberland Farms has run out of gasoline. Another shipment is expected at 9:30 p.m.
WESTFORD PATCH STORM CENTRAL UPDATES, CLOSINGS & MORE:
We'll be updating this as the storm progresses.
Here are the closings we've heard so far. If we missed any, please comment below, e-mail the editor at email@example.com or call us at 978-905-9022.
- Westford Public Schools - Closed (after school activities cancelled on Friday and Saturday)
- Nashoba Tech - Closed
- Fletcher Library Book Sale - Cancelled
- St. Mark's Chocolate Festival -- Moved to Sunday
- Westford Package wine tasting -- Cancelled
- PetThingz - Closed
- Nashoba Valley Ski Area - Closed
- Cornerstone Market Basket -- Closing at 3 p.m.
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- For Emergencies Only, Dial 911
- Police Department: (978) 692-2161
- Fire Department: (978) 692-5542
- DPW: (978) 692-5520
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
List of tow companies:
- Ferreira Towing - Chelmsford (978) 454-7914
- Sully's (978) 692-3187
- Chistopher's (978) 452-7433
- Ferreira Automotive - Westford (978) 490-3410