"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- At Tuesday night's West Roxbury Neighborhood Council (WRNC) meeting the Irish Social Club will be at the meeting to update the members and attendees about its request for the re-issuance of the club's liquor license that was turned in, along with the entertainment license, by mistake in April of 2011. District E-5 Police Station.
- There will be a Halloween Dog Walk on Sunday, October 28, at 2:30-5 p.m. at the soccer field at Millennium Park. Dogs in costumes - isn't American incredible!
- Also at the WRNC meeting, the owners of Porter Café will discuss their plains to apply to the Boston Licensing Board to add cordials to their beer and wine license to allow the restaurant to serve after dinner drinks/liqueurs as part of the menu.
- Harley Davidson wrote about the 100 year anniversary of the Boston Police Department's Motorcycle Unit. Read it here.
- The impact of the Casey Overpass on West Roxbury will also be discussed at the meeting by City Councilor Matt O’Malley, Tom Dougherty and a rep from the Massachusetts Dept. of Transportation.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.