1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the NWS, there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Monday with a high of 83 expected. There will be a west wind from 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- There is a 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms Monday night which will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Expect a west wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday there is a 50 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms with a high near 79. Expect a light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- There is a 20 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms Tuesday night which will be mostly cloudy with a low near 54. Expect a north wind from 3 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 76.
- Wednesday will be mostly clear, with a low around 51.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "It's about time they got this kind of system,the "stopfraud" program.Do you know how many telemarketers call a day? I just entered the "do not call registry" under " www.mass.gov/donotcall"; or call toll: 1.866.231.2255. about a week ago,It all a JOKE! Would you like to see my ID caller unit at my house and find out how many telemarketers called past this week? Who can you blame the local phone company and the FCC? The answer is YES!" Reader Upset commenting on the article, Elder Abuse Awareness Day: Western Union and Better Business Bureau Promote Fraud Awareness on U.N. Observance.
3. It's Happening Today: Stop by Chili's on Monday with this coupon and donate 10 percent of your purchase to the Shawsheen/West PAC!
4. It's Also Happening Today: Check out Music and More with Bernadette Baird at the Wilmington Memorial Library on Monday, June 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. for music and movement for toddlers and young children through age three. Sing, play musical instruments and dance.
5. ICYMI: A Marion Street resident reported he caught an individual in the process of breaking into his home on June 9. Read more in our latest Wilmington Police Log.