Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less Monday-ish and to help make you the smartest person in your carpool.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast:
- Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 4pm. Patchy fog after 1pm. High near 41. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. West wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I know a woman living there who lost all her possessions...she is a woman who has spent her life helping others...woman of grace and goodness. Thank God she and others were not killed. My prayers go out for all who suffered in this tragedy. If the fire ignited as a result of someone's negligence...I hope we can all learn something from it and avoid causing this needless pain." reader R J B, commenting on the story, "Avalon Oaks Fire Was 'One of the Worst Scenarios You Can Get.'"
3. It's Happening Today: Looking for something for the little ones tonight? Check out PJ Storytime at the Wilmington Memorial Library. Wear your snuggly pajamas and bring your favorite tedy bear or blanket. Ages 2-6 and one or more adults.
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in Room 9 at Town Hall.
5. It's NOT Happening Today: As a result of the continued cleanup from the Blizzard, there will be no school today for the Wilmington Public Schools.