"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. If just one word can be used to describe Friday's forecast it would be "rain." According to Weather.com, temperatures will hit 65° to close out the week. There is an 80 percent chance of rain on the day as morning rain showers become a steady, soaking rain during the afternoon. A few rumbles of thunder are also possible as the weekend arrives.
2. Whether permitting, the Wilmington football team will play its first home game since September. The Wildcats are scheduled to host Stoneham with a 7 p.m. kick off if the rain holds off. Also in action on Friday is the girls volleyball team, which hosts Melrose at 4 p.m.
3. Taking the family to the movies is expensive, which is where the library comes in. Wilmington Memorial Library holds Family Movie night, beginning at 7 p.m. as they screen the animated hit Madagascar 3. The event is free and includes popcorn and lemonade for guests.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,663 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!