With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to TJ Maxx at the Woburn Mall and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Malvy's Flower & Gift Shoppe or Hillside Florist for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to The Book Oasis and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends. (Book Oasis is in Stoneham, but is owned by Woburn residents!)
- Go to Razzy's Deli and Desserts and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to The Sports Authority and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Elements Therapeutic Massage and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a restorative massage.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.