Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Warming up: After yesterday's foray into the 60s, we'll be looking at temperatures in the 70s again today, according to the National Weather Service.
2) Garden project kick-off: Come join and the at 137 Lexington St., to create a community garden. The goal of the garden is to raise awaremess of healthy eating for all members of the community. The event lasts all day, so stop in when you can! The official kick-off will be between 1 and 3 p.m.
3) Event Spotlight: An event will be held at the , 45 Pleasant St., at 7 p.m. tonight. Come listen to Andrew Feldman and inspirational young man who will speak about life with autism after being diagnosed while a middle schooler.
4) In case you missed it: A nuisance ordinance is being proposed by Mayor Scott Galvin. The ordinance will attempt to keep residential properties from becoming dilapidated, vacant houses. .
5) First running of Boston Marathon: On this day in 1897, the first Boston Marathon was run. A New York native, John McDermott, won the 24.5 mile all-male race with a time of 2:55:10. The more commonly known distance of 26.2 miles was started after the 1908 Olympic games. The race was held on April 19th, Patriots Day, until 1969 when the Massachusetts holiday was officially moved to the third Monday of every April.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our