Here are five things you need to know today:
1) Snow?!: Although most of today will be sunny with temperatures in the mid-40s, we might see… gasp! … snow. We know. It’s a four-letter word. And we all kind of thought we’d get through the rest of the winter without it. But the National Weather Service is forecasting snow showers after 1 a.m. Saturday morning and snow “likely” both Saturday day and night.
2) Catmobile is here: The Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society’s Catmobile will be parked at the today. The Catmobile offers low-cost spay and neuter operations for cats owned by individuals and shelters. Male cat procedures are $75, while female cat procedures are $100. To make an appointment with the Catmobile call 978-465-1940 or email email@example.com
3) Event spotlight: Free food! That’s right, you read that correctly—free food! Head over to on Montvale Avenue today and receive free food in honor of the restaurant’s makeover. Between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m., you’ll have the opportunity to choose a free Dollar Menu item with your purchase. Need a pick-me-up after lunch? Between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., you can get a free snack-sized McBites with your purchase. Eat up!
4) In case you missed it: It’s almost Valentine’s Day and we have a whole bunch of special, love-inspired content on Woburn Patch. Need a gift idea? Want to tell the story of your love for your pet? Looking for the perfect date-night restaurant? Click here to read all of our Valentine’s Day 2012 content!
5) "A small man can be just as exhausted as a great man": On this day in 1949, Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman" premiered at the Morocco Theatre in New York City. The play, which tells the sad story of salesman Willy Loman trying to make good on his job for his family and the sons who do not respect him. Since it first opened, the play has been performed around the world, has been adapted to film at least seven times and in different languages. Productions have also won three Tony awards, two Drama Desk awards and a Pulitzer.
To find out what is going on today in Woburn, check out our events listings.