22 Aug 2014
62° Overcast
Patch Instagram photo by patch
Patch Instagram photo by woburnpatch
Patch Instagram photo by mellybabie
Patch Instagram photo by future_mrsnapoli

Police Log: Woburn Man Charged With Unlawfully Possessing Guns

Police Log: Woburn Man Charged With Unlawfully Possessing Guns

Friday, April 4

At 4:32 p.m., police placed an intoxicated 27-year-old Woman man into protective custody after a Lexington Street resident reported a man wandering around her backyard. Police spoke to the man whose speech was slurred. He had an empty 1-liter bottle of Smirnoff. Police placed him into protective custody.

At 6:02 p.m., police placed an intoxicated 46-year-old Woburn man into protective custody after a report of a man walking in traffic on Main Street.


Saturday, April 5

At 2:30 a.m., police received a call after a driver struck a utility pole on Allen Street. The driver, who police said did not report the accident for several hours, said she slid off the road and hit the pole. She was not injured. The car was towed.

At 9:20 a.m., police responded to Nichols Street after a report of a truck break-in. The resident told police that sometime between 8 p.m. April 4 and 9:15 a.m. April 5 someone smashed his truck’s window and stole a laptop.

At 3 p.m., police arrested Kurt Wittbold, 32, 22 Beacon St., Woburn, and charged him on four counts of unlawfully possessing firearms. He reportedly did not have an FID card, but possessed two loaded rifles and two loaded guns inside a safe in his residence. Police were at the home for a disturbance call. 


Sunday, April 6

At 12:58 p.m., police responded to Cross Street after a property owner reported damage. The owner said the vacant building was entered. Boarded up windows, doorknobs and a lock were damaged.

At 6:53 p.m., police responded to Montvale Avenue at the Route 93 North onramp after a two-car accident. A vehicle was turning left from Montvale Avenue to the onramp when it crashed into another vehicle. Both drivers said they had a green light. There were no reported injuries. One car was towed. 

Share This Article