The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts partly sunny skies today, with a high near 43 degrees. Wednesday night will be rainy, mainly after 1 a.m., with a low around 35 degrees.
2. Public meeting with the Michigan Leadership Institution
Representatives from the Michigan Leadership Institute will be in Dexter on Dec. 19 to gather public input regarding desired attributes the next superintendent should be able to demonstrate. The information session will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Creekside Intermediate School media center.
3. 'Twas the Week Before Christmas Storytime
Join Chelsea District Library staff for stories, songs, fingerplays, crafts and snacks for the holiday season. The event takes place from 6 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Call 734-475-8732 to sign up.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.08 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.15 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.09 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.09 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 19, 1998: After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approved two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.