The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts patchy fog before 10 a.m., otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 56 degrees. Monday night it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 38 degrees.
2. Dexter School Board Meeting
The Dexter Community Schools Board of Education will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School. Copies of tonight's agenda can be downloaded online at http://dexterschools.org/boardofeducation/.
3. November birthday celebration
All members of the Dexter Senior Center with a birthday in the month of November are invited to enjoy a free lunch at the center on Nov. 21 at noon. Reservations for lunch can be made by calling 734-426-5397, by noon on Nov. 20. Each month's birthday celebration includes entertainment by a mystery birthday singer and Busch’s donates a beautifully decorated sheet cake. Seniors can ride the WAVE bus free on the day of their birthday. The phone number for the WAVE is 734-475-9494.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.48 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Nov. 19, 1863: On Nov. 19, 1863, at the dedication of a military cemetery at Gettysburg, Penn., during the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln delivered one of the most memorable speeches in American history. In just 272 words, Lincoln brilliantly and movingly reminded a war-weary public why the Union had to fight, and win, the Civil War. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.