The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts partly sunny skies, with a high near 68 degrees today. Wednesday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 41 degrees.
2. Becoming a Health Conscious Foodie
Do you love a wide variety of food? Do you often think about your next meal, even when you aren’t hungry? Is food a form of entertainment? Does food bring you joy? Join Susan Todoroff, owner of Juicy Kitchen, a healthy home-delivery food service, and learn how healthy eating becomes a lifestyle, and a joy. The program takes place at 7 p.m. at the Dexter District Library.
3. Varsity field hockey game
The Dexter varsity field hockey team will play at 5:30 p.m. at Al Ritt Field near Creekside Intermediate School.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.88 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 6, 1960: For the first time in U.S. history, a debate between major party presidential candidates is shown on television. The presidential hopefuls, John F. Kennedy, a Democratic senator of Massachusetts, and Richard M. Nixon, the vice president of the United States, met in a Chicago studio to discuss U.S. domestic matters. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.