If you can't make it to the polls on Election Day, you still have time to apply for an absentee ballot.
Applications must be received by city clerks at Farmington or Farmington Hills city hall by Nov. 3, 2 p.m., to receive a ballot by mail.
While emergency requests may be made in person at the clerks' offices up until 4 p.m. on Nov. 5, voters will be required to vote at city hall and return the completed ballot to the city clerk's office immediately after they have voted.
You can receive an absentee ballot if you meet any of these criteria:
- Voter is 60 years of age or older
- Voter is physically unable to attend the polls with assistance from another
- Voter is an appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the one in which he or she lives
- Voter expects to be out of town for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day
- Voter cannot attend the polls due the tenets of his or her religion
- Voter cannot attend the polls because he or she is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial