With a total of 62 votes, won by popular vote as the Best Place to Listen to Live Music in Hartland.
The owner, Cathy Jones thanked her customers for choosing her coffee spot, but humbly said that while winning the poll is "quite an honor" for her and her staff, she says it's really about the musicians who play in her coffee shop and her loyal customers who enjoy the music.
"It's actually an honor for the muscians who play here because that's what it says about them," she said. "That's why I get excited about this, cause it's not about us. It's about the people who have enjoyed it."
Jones, who is always trying to make her popular coffee spot a family-friendly environment, tries to bring in a variety of acts that she hopes will appeal to her customers. So although Friday nights is dedicated to live music, this Saturday, Kahuna Coffee will be hosting the Fenton Players as they perform an old-time radio show.
"It's an experience," Jones said. "It is awesome. They're doing Abbott and Costello. They come and dress in character and it's a lot of fun."
Live music acts on Friday nights are booked through the end of August, according to Jones with some special events for the summer months, scheduled as well.
Summer Music Events at Kahuna Coffee include:
- Friday, June 1, 6-8pm: Jackie King Miller - Jackie is a voice teacher who is debuting her own music at Kahuna.
- Saturday, June 2, 2pm: Fenton Village Players' Radio Show - The FVP will be putting on a live radio show. Come listen to a vintage radio experience.
- Friday, June 8, 6-8pm: Bulletproof Snow - Bulletproof Snow is a teen rock band comprised of 14 and 15 year old members from the Hartland area. Their style is best described as Foo Fighters meets Skid Row.
- Friday, June 15, 6-8pm: Gail Engling - Gail is a christian/folk acoustic musician. Her performance is lots of fun, so join us for food and good music!
- Friday, June 22, 6-8pm: Hartland Students - A group of talented high school students will perform an assortment of music.