A fire broke out near downtown Northville late Tuesday night and caused heavy damage to condos in the Fairbrook Condominium Complex.
No one was injured, but the fire destroyed at least eight condos.
>>See the fire in the video above, posted on
The fire, which started around 10 p.m. at the condos on Seven Mile Road and South Roger Street, was caused by a candle in a lower-level unit, Northville Police Chief Gary Goss told the Detroit Free Press.
Firefighters had to return at about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday to deal with hot spots, according to the article.