Lent is just around the corner, and with that comes the season of Friday fish fries.
Many churches and organizations host them, and the Novi Patch events calendar is a great place to share all that information with the community.
If you're helping to organize one of these fish fries—or if you just want to spread the word about your favorite one—here's how to post it on Patch's calendar.
First things first: Make sure you're signed into Novi Patch. If you're not a user, you can sign up with your name and email address here.
Now you're ready to add your event to Patch's calendar.
- Click the "Events" tab at the top of the page OR follow this link to the calendar: http://novi.patch.com/events
- Find the "Add an Event" tab beneath the search bar and click it.
- Add a title for your event such as: "O'Kelly's Fish Fry" or "Children's Lenten Program"
- Fill in the necessary information—date, time and location—add a short description, and upload a photo if there is one available.
- Choose a category for your event, such as "Food & Drink" or "Religious" and fill in any other information that is available. The more the better.
- When you're all done, double check your information and click "Post My Event" at the bottom of the page. Your event will be posted within 24 hours on the Patch calendar for everyone to see.