Dweezil Zappa, Fall Color Walk and More this Weekend
Here's five things to do around Royal Oak this weekend.
1. Listen to the Royal Oak Symphony Orchestra Friday . The concert begins at 8 p.m. in the Dondero Auditorium, at Royal Oak Middle School. This performance includes Marche héroïque - Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns, Vltava (Die Moldau) - Bedřich Smetana, Outdoor Overture - Aaron Copland, Valse triste - Jean Sibelius, and Danzas fantásticas - Joaquín Turina. John Robertson will be conducting. Tickets are available at the door.
2. Laugh with Lynne Koplitz at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle this weekend. Show time is 8 p.m. and 10:30 Friday; 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $10-$20.
3. Relive Zappa at the Roxy with Dweezil Zappa Friday at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. It's Zappa Plays Zappa . Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $32 - $75.
4. Rummage through household goods, furniture, ladies' clothing, books, sports equipment, toys at the First Congregational Church, 1314 Northwood Blvd. There's even a kitchen sink! Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Saturday, $3 per bag, 9 a.m. - noon.
5. Walk through Cummingston Park on Saturday. The Fall Color Walk begins at 10:00 am. Park and meet at Leafdale & Torquay. This is the most beautiful time to take a look at Royal Oak's nature study areas.